Thursday, November 6, 2008

Every Party Needs a Great Cake...

This week's Funny Friday post is coming a day early, as tomorrow is going to be a super busy day for us. We're looking forward to Jessica and Jason's wedding on Saturday, along with Rachel & Brian's wedding in Fort Smith too!

A few weeks ago, my brilliant best friend who just happens to be a FABULOUS cake decorator brought to my attention something fantastic. Now I get to share with you...

Every great party should have some really great sweets, right? Yes, I agree as well. There are so many incredible things that you can do with cakes these days---they can really look like anything! But what about when your cake goes wrong? It can be disheartening to you, all the while providing the rest of us with some fun laughs (after the fact, of course).

For instance...

You take this as your inspiration for your fantastic Curious George Kids' Party...


Upon delivery, you get this...


Which looks more like this...but run over by a dump truck...


If you know me at all, you will know that I will laugh until I cry at things like this. But, of course, if this were to happen at one of my events I would quickly solve the problem and find a way NOT to scare the kiddos with a smashed teen wolf cake. And then laugh later...

For more laughs, check out cakewrecks.blogspot.com. Thanks Alexis for this funny link!

2 comments:

Sincerely Yours Paper inc. said...

Hilarious! If it were at my boys party, they would've been thrilled that the cake looked like Chewbacca from Star Wars!

Can't wait to explore Cake Wrecks blog!

Is Johnna's cake story on there? BIG HA (or is it still not funny?!)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE cakewrecks.com. The next time you are in a grocery store or bakery and see a "cake wreck" you can snap a pic with your phone, and email it to the cakewreck.com blogger. Maybe your photo will be featured!