Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Brides for the Cure: The Recap!

Brides for the Cure 2009 was a huge success! Dale & Mere, Amy and I could not be more pleased with the results in only our 2nd year as a team.

The results are fun to hear about! We are so thankful for all of the brides & grooms, moms & dads, bridesmaids, flower girls, groomsmen, family and friends that joined in our effort. We are also grateful to the wonderful NWA businesses that gave away over $7000 in great prizes to our team members. Check out Amy's blog post on all of the fun stats!

Dale has posted some great images for you to check out here. And this really great slideshow is from Dale, too...


So, what's my final word on Brides for the Cure for this year? I think my reflection on the whole project has been how everyone is affected by the terrible disease of breast cancer, or any type of cancer, and this is why we put in the long hours and creative brainstorming sessions for our team. We had an inspirational team member dressed in pink who is a 2-time breast cancer survivor, and her friends & family decorated their Brides tees to represent their support for her. So cool to see! Personally, I have 2 aunts who are breast cancer survivors, one of my mother's best friends is currently fighting the disease, and I had a couple of scares myself at the age of 23. Amy found out just days before the race that a dear friend had been diagnosed, and Dale's daughter's grandmother is a survivor, too. It affects everyone! I am glad to see that we can have a fun morning to raise awareness and support for our local effort in the fight against breast cancer, but I hope more than anything that we are getting closer to a cure. I hope that my daughters, nieces, and grandkids (someday!) don't even have to worry about breast cancer. In the mean time, we will continue to pray for those who are fighting the good fight and support them in any way that we can.

If you are a bride looking for more ways to get involved with this great cause, check out these resources:
Brides Against Breast Cancer
Our local Susan G. Komen Affiliate
Young Survival Coalition
National Breast Cancer Foundation

No comments: