Monday, October 20, 2008

They're Getting Married!

I am SO EXCITED to welcome (officially) Sara & Tyler to the business side of my family. This precious couple is a part of the personal side of my family. Tyler & Sara got engaged on Saturday while I was at Samantha & Chris' wedding. When I received the text message I just shrieked out loud! A little background for you...

Tyler, the groom, has been a part of my life since I was 7 years old when his family moved to Fort Smith and his father became a minister at my church. Our families quickly struck up a true friendship and we've been a part of each other's lives ever since. I remember the days of playing Atari at their house and his brother, Travis, calling me Denessa. Tyler's family is what I consider my extended family. His dad even performed part of my wedding ceremony for Mark and me. We may not technically related, but I certainly consider them amongst my nearest and dearest.

And, just a few years ago, this cute, bubbly girl came into his life...and now she just happens to be the bride. Sara has also quickly become a part of our family...she even takes care of my old cat Bella that I pawned off on my mother. Sara is the kind of girl that you hope for your friends to marry! Just 2 weeks ago Sara and I spent some time chatting about being patient in waiting for the big question...little did she know what Tyler had up his sleeve!

Sara & Tyler are giving me the honor of assisting them with their May 30th wedding as their coordinator. I couldn't be happier, and I am just bursting at the seams to get started. I can't wait for our first "wedding meeting" on Saturday! In the mean time, enjoy these cuties in this picture just after Tyler popped the question at Devil's Den. (courtesy of Sara's facebook)

No comments: