Monday, August 11, 2008

An Adventurous Weekend

It's official! Leslie & Kirk are husband and wife, and it couldn't have been a sweeter day. Yes, it was an outdoor wedding on the first stormy day of the season, but it created a romantic, intimate setting for everyone to enjoy.

Thankfully, Leslie is a laid back, go with the flow kind of girl. AND, I am especially thankful for John from Festivities and his wife Shannon, my sweet hubby Mark, my great assistant Ki, and the amazing team at the Inn at Carnall Hall for pulling off the quick change when the rain started to pour. Without the teamwork it would've never happened.

The story I want to share, though, is one that one of the bridesmaids gave during her toast at the reception. We've all heard that rain is good luck, bad luck, etc... but here is the best one I've heard in a while. She mentioned how the rain may not have been the ideal situation that Leslie had pictured in her mind. Her husband said to her, "Jenny, those aren't raindrops, they're tears." She went on to tell him that it was a happy day and that they weren't tears. He corrected her and said "they are tears from guys & girls across the world who are crying today because Leslie & Kirk are off the market." I love it and will use this one many, many times I'm sure.

Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Kirk Schafer! I hope you all have a wonderful honeymoon in Costa Rica! Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. Your families were just precious to work with and your friends were so much fun. I hope it is a day you will never forget! I know I won't...

No comments: