Monday, June 23, 2008

Destinations...

Hi everyone!

I am officially back from my wonderful vacation in the Bahamas, much more tan and still waking back up from a relaxing week. Thank you to everyone for the week away and putting things on hold for me to relax and enjoy my sweet hubby, my family, and my favorite place in the world.

Suzanne & Ben had a gorgeous June 14 wedding at the Inn at Carnall Hall in Fayetteville. It was a wonderful day, and I will share more soon! Keep coming back...

As we traveled around in the Bahamas I was hoping to see a wedding ceremony, meet a bride, or anything that I could snap a pic of! The closest I got was a girl on our flight out wearing a cute "Bride" bling tank top. But, since it was her first honeymoon day I did not bother her, as she looked exhausted. Mark and I estimated 5 couples on our plane that were honeymoon-bound, but then we also realized people might have thought that about us!

Needless to say, it all got me thinking about destination weddings. One of my very favorite elements about a wedding away is the opportunity you have to do some FABULOUS invitations, and other paper products. One element you must have for a destination wedding is a map for all of those out of town guests, whether it is out of the country or just a place that many of your guests are unfamiliar with. I suggest a map, or at least a directions card, for all of my clients. As I was buzzing around online, I came across the cutest maps! The website is Laura Hooper's calligraphy site, but she also creates fun maps for her clients as well. Click around on the site, but be sure to click the tab on the right that says "Maps, Monograms, and Logos." This is where the fun is! Here is an example of a San Diego map...



Another great product she has on her site are her custom tote bags with the map on them! These would be great welcome bags for your guests, loaded with goodies, local items, and suggestions for their weekend in town. With the map on the bag, they'll never get lost! I love it!

No comments: