Friday, July 18, 2008

A sticky situation

As I am planning away for my sweet younger cousin's wedding shower, I began thinking back to what is was that I loved during my own. And then there were the things that didn't go so well. These were extremely few & far between, but the biggest issue was that by the time the gifts got passed, loaded into the car, and back to mom's house...it was inevitable that someone's card had fallen off their box or that their gift didn't make it onto my list. You sit down to write your thank you notes and realize, "Who is this cookbook from?" Uh oh...

It happens to the best of us!

I came across a quick & easy solution to this problem. Consider making labels for each gift. As you open the card, ask your sidekick (bridesmaid, sister, mom) to write the gift giver's name onto a label and then once it is open, attach the sticker. These can be as simple as some white labels you purchase at Wal-Mart, or as cute as some custom gift tag stickers. Of course, you want someone to keep a list of gifts and the giver for you as well, but this is a sure-fire way to ease the stress of a mystery gift!

Happy planning!

No comments: